- Change for Your Life
- Change for Your Business
- Experiences for Women
- What The Flock
- On Being a Woman: 5-Month Group
- In Her Words: 5-Week Writing Series
- SheSpeaks: Women’s Speaking Series
- Mustang Sallies: A Posse For Women On Purpose
- HerMojo: A Benefit Dance For Women
- Workshops & Speaking
- Homecoming: Weekend Retreat
Organization Development (OD) consulting is about planned, systemic, and sustainable change. It is a practice based in behavioral science that relies upon active participation of the people impacted by the change, committed and highly visible top-down ownership, and the use of theories and models to create a framework of understanding.
The primary objective of OD consulting is to strengthen organizational effectiveness and health, while transferring skills that will increase internal capacity to diagnose, problem-solve and intervene. To that end, OD consulting places a significant emphasis on relationships and processes between and among individuals and groups.
OD does not offer a “quick fix” for short-term problems, but is meant to bring about complex change that is sustainable.
As an OD consultant, I presume a number of different things:
- Ultimately, you know what is best for your business
- You might be too busy, moving too fast, or be too distracted to tune into that part of you (or the organization) that knows what’s best for the business
- When you’re swirling around in a situation, it’s hard to know which end is up, and it’s very tempting to just “do something” to make it go away
- You don’t have time to create changes that don’t stick
- You don’t want to be told what to do; you want a guide, a sounding board and an opportunity to increase your own knowledge and effectiveness
- You care deeply about the health, profitability and vitality of your business along with the associates that work within it
- You are willing to be curious, learn from others, experiment and open yourself up to new ways of thinking or doing things