- Change for Your Life
- Change for Your Business
- Experiences for Women
Homecoming Retreat Details
General registration is $495 and runs from July 1 – October 1, 2012.
Payment must be made in full at the time of registration. Payment may be made securely online using Paypal.
The retreat is held at Kingsley Pines, a residential camp on 120 acres on the shores of Panther Lake in Raymond, Maine. For those coming in by air, the camp is located approximately 40 minutes from Portland International Airport (PWM) or two hours from Manchester, New Hampshire airport (MHT). For those seeking transportation to the camp,there will be a shuttle van for guests leaving from Portland airport at approximately 3:30 p.m. There is no additional fee for this service, but reservations are required as space is limited. Detailed directions to the camp will be sent out with your confirmation of registration.
All guests will stay in one of the many cabins. Cabins are rustic (not heated, but all have electricity) and have either single or bunk beds. About half the cabins have bathrooms and showers inside the cabin. The others have bathhouses located just outside the cabin. Quiet cabins will be available for those seeking a quieter experience or a silent retreat. Accommodations will be assigned at the time of registration on a first-come, first-serve basis. Depending on the timing of your registration and the number in your party, you will be able to request your cabinmates. Every effort will be made to honor your request, but they are not guaranteed.
What to Bring
- Favorite coffee mug/water bottle
- Warm sweater, fleece, fuzzy socks
- A sleeping bag or comforter and linens
- Towels, a robe and toiletries
- Knitting, reading, cards or games, art supplies
- Comfortable clothes (for yoga, dancing)
Notes for Travelers
- The retreat will most likely occur in peak “leaf peeping” season, so expect to see a brilliant display of fall colors!
- The weather in the fall can be all over the board, from the 40s to the 70s. In general, the days are mild (60s) and the evenings and early mornings have a bit more chill. Wool sweaters, fleece, and layers are New England fall essentials, allowing you to layer up or down according to the temperature changes.
- While you’re in Southern Maine, be sure to check out some great attractions like the Old Port shopping district near the waterfront, the Portland Headlight and our beautiful rocky coastline.
- Kingsley Pines is a smoke-free facility. No smoking will be allowed at the retreat.
- You are welcome to bring your own kayak or canoe, but understand that all water activities and/or swimming will be at your own risk (see terms and conditions of attendance).
- No alcohol will be served, but you are welcome to bring your own.
- There will be a refrigerator available for guests wishing to store some food or drinks (please label)
- Every effort is made to ensure you are well fed, so please let us know in your registration if you have any allergies or dietary requests
- Guests engaging in a silent retreat will be given special pins to let others know their intentions.
- For nursing mothers, there will be a private “mothers’ room” available for women to pump while away from home
Making the decision to attend Homecoming can be a no-brainer for some women. And it can be a radical act for others. Either way, it’s an important decision, and I want to make sure you have all the information you need to feel good about it. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have questions or need more information.