- Change for Your Life
- Change for Your Business
- Experiences for Women
- On Being a Woman: 5-Month Group
- In Her Words: 5-Week Writing Series
- SheSpeaks: Women’s Speaking Series
- Mustang Sallies: A Posse For Working Women
- HerMojo: A Benefit Dance For Women
- Workshops & Speaking
- Homecoming: Weekend Retreat
Mustang Sallies: A Posse For Working Women
“What I got from Mustang Sallies was unexpected and ended up impacting more than just my career…I accessed a part of myself I had denied for a very long time: a wise, feminine artist spirit, who is real and easy. Something incredible happened in this intimate group of women that helped me see myself more clearly.”
Give me one Saturday morning. The rest will take care of itself.
Mustang Sallies offers women like you the creative space to listen deeply to what is trying to make an entrance into the world. Through you.
It also connects you to a posse of kindred spirits who are seeking to do the same thing – lest you feel alone. The objective of this 3-hour gathering is to accelerate the inevitable, and pave the way for you to do the work you’re meant to be doing in the world. Sooner, rather than later. Mustang Sallies lovingly and fiercely insists women – individually and collectively – move toward the place their true nature and essential gifts (I call it their “secret sauce”) intersect with passion, play, and impact.
“Lael creates this space like a Big Mama, shepherding the energy through creative and body-moving exercises that are at once fun, nourishing and powerful. Mustang Sallies blew me away.”
The premise of Mustang Sallies is simple: The world needs what you’ve got, so spit it out, woman.
Easier said then done, right? I get it. It’s so tempting to ignore that longing you have or that idea that just won’t stop badgering you. I get that you’re busy (most of my clients are). I get that you don’t feel quite ready. Or enough. I get how seductive it can be to just stay where you are for a little bit longer. And I also get how there will always be some good reason that keeps you from entertaining a new possibility, and how “someday” can drag out to next month… next year…when I have enough time, money, confidence…when someone asks me…or the right opportunity presents itself.
But what if you didn’t wait any longer? What if you got over yourself and did it anyway?
That’s the place where we play in Mustang Sallies. This Posse offers women a chance to do just that – to play with listening, spitting it out, naming it, fessing up, and possibly owning it…and then taking that first step toward making it happen. It doesn’t matter if “it” (whatever “it” is for you) is already in the works, stopped and then stalled, or is just a twinkle in your eye. Mustang Sallies is all about breaking from the herd – mustering the courage to think big(ger), bolder, and more expansively about yourself…and then perhaps take those thoughts out into big sky country to see how they rides.Whether or not you do anything specific or make big, bold decisions as a result of this gathering is up to you. Some women do. Many don’t. But there is always movement of some sort, even if it’s internal.
And the beauty of it? You don’t need to do it alone. In this Posse, we’ve got your back.
“I give myself the gift of Mustang Sallies again and again…it provides me with the time to refocus, get centered on what I need at that particular moment, and to meet more amazing women who are blazing their own trails.”
Women can be phenomenal allies for each other, and Mustang Sallies will show you how it’s done if that’s a new experience for you. In this posse, women get fierce and loving for themselves and for each other – holding space for courage, acknowledging the holy shit factors that can arise in us, and insisting that we not settle for anything less than our instincts demand from us. We’re pretty badass that way.
Mustang women do it anyway. Even in the face of fear and doubt and uncertainty. Because we have each other.
The fact is, we need each other. Every woman seeking to step into something new or bold or unknown could use a pack of women to have her back, give her high fives, booster shots of courage, or a kick in the pants to quit talking about it and just do it. It feels so good to have another woman say “Do that!”, “Go there!” or “You’re not crazy, you’re onto something!”
That’s what this posse is about. Women being champions for themselves and each other.
Mustang Sallies is a fierce posse of women that stands its ground together.
The intent of this posse is to support working women like you in being more expansive – especially when society and workplace culture would prefer if we play small. It’s not about doing more (because you’re already busy, right?), but it’s about bringing more of who you already are to the work you do in the world. And trusting it. Trusting you.
It’s about women changing the world. Ride Sally, Ride.
- The Posse gathers in Portland, Maine for three hours on a Saturday morning.
- Each posse gathering will be structured around the same three components (Plugging In, Naming It, and Striking a Match), but may contain different women each time – some have ridden before, some will be riding for the first time.
- This is not your mother’s “leadership workshop” – it will be fiery, irreverent, non-traditional, unapologetic, and revolutionary. This posse is about keeping it real, calling it out, blowing through it, and feeding the bad-ass heretic inside you that knows the answer. There will be substance, humor and more than a little swearing as we get to the heart of what matters and juice up on some good mojo.
- Each three-hour Posse gathering is $150.
What you’ll get:
- A chance to quiet your chattering mind and listen to what your body is trying to tell you
- Clarity on what you want and who you want to be in your work in the world
- Inspirational brew to support you in continuing to hatch your plan and take yourself seriously
- Fiery mojo to inspire you long after our ride is over and handful of fierce champions to hold you accountable and celebrate
Ready to ride?
The next Posse gathering will be on Saturday, June 7th from 9:30-12:30
Tickets will go on sale May 5th. There are a limited number of seats and they’ll go like hotcakes.
Get your ticket to ride on Brown Paper Tickets and join us.
After you buy your ticket, your confirmation email will contain a link for all the nitty-gritty details for the event.
Ride, Sally. Ride.
If you’d like to find out more about this posse and how it works, let me know and we’ll talk more to see if it’s a good fit for you – now or in the future.